Deadline: June 27, 2017
Free Press Unlimited is currently looking for a Project Officer (24 hours per week) for its Russian Language News Exchange programme.
The responsibilities of the project officer include supporting the administration, execution and organization of project activities in coordination with the programme coordinator for this project. Activities will take place in Amsterdam.
- Monitor the progress and execution of the project activities, as instructed by the Programme Coordinator, and reports on any deviation and/or stagnation;
- Explains procedures etc. to others within the organisation and to external parties;
- Prepares and carries out financial evaluation of grant applications, contracts and reports;
- Provides support to the Programme Coordinator for budget preparation and monitoring of expenditure, including the preparation of internal financial reports;
- Closely collaborates with the Programme Coordinator when preparing financial reports and audits for submission to the donor;
- Checks compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with donors' contracts and regulations;
- Occasional travel to the offices abroad and to implementing partners for training and coordination purposes;
- Communicates with donors regarding financial issues under supervision of Programme Coordinator;
- Organizes travel, accommodation, visas and insurance of those involved in project activities;
- Plans and organizes gatherings, meetings and visits in the context of projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
We’re looking for an energetic and driven individual with:
- Uni of Applied Sciences level of working and thinking;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a supporting position in an international environment in a non-for-profit organisation;
- Experience in grant management and reporting to multiple donors;
- Knowledge of project management and the relevant methodologies;
- Good command of English and one of the Eastern Slavic or Caucasus languages;
- Experience in collecting and organizing of complex information;
- Experience in the logistical organisation of activities and meetings abroad;
- Experience with external audit procedures and knowledge with EU financial rules and regulations for external action is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience in the area of media, journalism and/or human rights is a strong advantage.
For more information look here: