Deadline: February 5, 2018
Portland State University’s Russian Flagship Program seeks an experienced website developer to create a mobile-friendly website that will allow students of Russian to work on building skills to read in Russian. The Website Developer will work together with the Principal Investigator and the Project Manager during the designing and developing stages of the website, but the Website Developer will have primary responsibility for implementing the technology solution. The developer will act in consultation to think through solutions to this particular learning challenge. This may include implementing and extending existing open source tools, building, iterating on prototypes, and finding the best tool for the job. This is a grant-funded project through , but there is the opportunity of continuation funding.
This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills of technology and information systems generally obtained through an AA degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least one year of related work experience.
Additional Minimum Qualifications for this Position
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent work experience and education
• Strong commitment to troubleshooting issues
• Ability to work independently and to produce a high-quality website to customer specifications on an established deadline
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with WordPress or similar content management system
• Experience setting up a Learning Record Store
• Working knowledge of or Experience with API (xAPI)
• Experience with Ruby and/or Python
• Working knowledge of Russian
For further information, please refer to the job posting at: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/posti
Review of applications will begin until position is filled