PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from well-qualified U.S. citizens for the following position within the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE):
Head of Security Co-operation
Level: Middle Management
Level: Middle Management
Area of Expertise: Military Affairs
Vacancy number: VNBAHS00721
Duty station: Sarajevo
Apply by: August 6
View the job description:
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: https://www.pae.com/careers-
react by August 6. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
- Advanced university degree in security studies, or a related discipline. Expertise or formal training in counter-terrorism is an asset.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position. Extensive experience in the field of security policy and politico-military affairs with appointments in relevant national and international agencies.
- Senior serving or retired police, military or security agency officer or suitably qualified civilian;
- Strong understanding of both the security sector situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, particularly its institutions and bodies, and the overall political situation;
- Comprehensive understanding of policy matters both within European and Euro-Atlantic security and defense structures;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the comprehensive approach to security and the concept of inclusive security;
- Experience in program planning and management; managerial experience;
- Knowledge of the General Framework Agreement for Peace in BiH and key OSCE politico-military documents;
- Professional fluency in English, both oral and written; working knowledge of the local languages is desirable; experience in memorandum and report writing;
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Security Co-operation Section is the focal point in the Mission for activities and support in developing the BiH National capacity in the security sector. The Head of the Security Co-operation Section leads and supervises the work of the section on all security sector activities. He/she advises the Head of Mission (HoM), Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM) and other senior mission officials, and other organizations as required, on all relevant security policy issues. He/she is responsible for the effective operational and administrative running of the Section. He/she ensures that activities are implemented in line with project objectives and priorities, and in adherence to the OSCE Project Cycle Management System. The Head of Security Co-operation Section engages in long-term planning, in developing policy, programs and projects and in budget and personnel matters. Specific duties include: